This project was the final project of Udacity’s Nanodegree programme on User Experience Design. Therefore, I entirely carried out all the steps of this project myself.
The challenge was to develop a new web app for borrowing and lending items in the neighbourhood. The deliverable of this project consisted of a clickable high-fidelity prototype that was tested with target users.
- Exploration: semi-structured personal interviews, subsequent quantification of the insights with a short online survey
- Ideation: defining the problem and objectives, conceptualizing basic functionality, low-fidelity screen designs
- Early Prototype: drafting the user journey, visual design, click dummy
- User Tests to identify areas of improvement
- Updated Prototype bases on user tests
Since learning new skills and techniques was the sole purpose of this project, I’ll leave it there. I’m still happy that the first drafts were so well received by the users. In any case, I had the chance to reiterate and strengthen some of my skills, as well as to learn new tools and techniques.